View Single Post
Old 23-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #929
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Some progress over the last few days, lots of mould repairs and rubbing down, so much so that my phone will not recognise my finger print as it is worn off.
Yesterday I finished the tool tray and the chain oiler reservoir and this morning I fitted them. The tool tray started badly as I got a thin sharpie and marked the two holes through the captive nuts, very carefully deilled them 6mm and went to trial fit it. The holes were 4mm out. WTF??? I tried elongating with the drill but that just looked terrible. I decided to make a virtue out of a necessity using a step drill (brilliant bit of kit for sheet material) I drilled them 9mm centred where they should have been to start with and fitted a blind rubber grommet which I had previously punched out to 6mm. I trimmed some 6mm thick foam rubber self-adhesive draft sealer where the tray rests on the frame, even mitred the corners - lovely job, the tray is now completely rubber mounted. It will almost certainly stay satin black but I think the reservoir may be re-painted.

faiqa name meaning in urdu
Next I decided to trial fit the infill panels, the ignitech enclosure and the battery tray. I have modified the mould for the infill panels but have not yet laid down the new CF one so this picture is of the failed one. I tried to modify the ignitech mould but it was just too complicated to rub down properly so I ground down the failed one until it fitted and then repaired it. Being beneath the steering head bearings it will hardly show and it is only really a lightweight box to keep water off the module.

It took a long time and on the hottest day of the year wearing a face mask whilst trimming the moulds to fit together was fairly unpleasant. Very pleased with the result though it all actually clips together and is very secure in the frame without a single bolt. The infill panel clips over the small diameter diagonal bracing tube and the ignitech enclosure and the battery tray when fitted mechanically hold it in place and ensure no other fixings are required. Similarly the ignitech enclosure is a snug “press”fit into the triangular space behind the head stock and the battery tray sits on top of it and ensures it cannot move. There will be one bolt securing it all under the battery, pulling the battery tray forward and down. The old battery which is probably my worst case size also fits (just) without touching the two top steering head frame tubes.

find diesel near me
Finally I trial fitted the headlamp support plates. I will drill the hole at the bottom when the steering head bearings are adjusted properly. Unfortunately I discovered that one of the inner 5mm holes has lost all but the last 6 threads in the casting
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote