View Single Post
Old 27-09-2005, 07:52 AM   #35
DAservice

Hi all,

here at Ducati Aylesbury thought it might be useful to add our input to this sorry tale.

The main complaint seems to be over the cost of the first service. As others have pointed out, the charge is in line with Ducati UK service pricing and represents their full service schedule, which we adhere to strictly.

Any suggestion that we have not carried out the full first service schedule is one that we strongly refute.

We do not hide our service costs, and again, as a few have mentioned, we charge the full amount for first service, which partly reflects the good deals that we do in our sales department. Nobody expects to get everything on the cheap, surely?

As it happens, the software that we use, "price seeks". This means that if the menu price is £220, the system allocates an amount to each chargeable item on the invoice, to make this total.
1st service labour comes up as free (it is not chargeable on some of our other franchises), so all of the cost is allocated to oil and filter, which are the only chargeable items according to the system.
This explains the very expensive oil.
When I myself, do a Ducati 1st service invoice, I enter a figure for the labour, to stop it doing this. The outcome is the same however.

We are not telling you to p*** off, or suggesting that you may have royal tendancies in Sheba at all. We are telling the truth. If you would like to pop in anytime, i'd be very happy to show you how it works or perhaps show you a few other invoices. A full copy of the service schedule is always available also, so that you can see exactly what your hard earned money is spent on.

We would like to apologise for not cleaning the excess chain lubricant off your bike following the service. I'm sure that if you'd mentioned this at the time, we would have been happy to sort it out for you.

We are also sorry that you found the snack van pricing so disagreeable, sadly, this is an independant business that we allow to use our forecourt on a Saturday, so I am unable to offer you any help in that area.

At Ducati Aylesbury, we like to be open and honest with our customers and we would hope that our customers reciprocate. Whilst we understand that forums such as this have a place, for sharing experiences both good and bad, we like to think that we should be the first point of call if anyone has a genuine complaint about our work.