View Single Post
Old 17-05-2020, 09:07 AM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Could I suggest that you can get a good result with scruffy lids by sanding the lettering flat and showing them the polishing mop.

I have done this for a set of Brembo coffins for my Commando. shown here with home made clamp backs for the original Lucas switch gear, which normally clamp onto the lever bodies.

I also have some custom lids from a set of masters I bought. Nasher gave me the heads up to these on ebay as he had a previous interest in the lids.. Nasher you have first refusal on the lids if you're still interested.

The lids are home made by someone with some savvy and they fit very nicely, but I noticed that they have no breather hole to let air into the bellows.. Not exactly rocket science to fix! They are also in need of a proper polish, which I will do before I dispatch them to Nasher, or Bitza if Nasher doesn't want them. The sweet little screws will go with them.

Just to comment on your stainless pivot bolt project. I bought a Bright Nickel plating kit for just under £100 and it gives brilliant results much like Chrome on any old bits. I think I have restored about £300 worth of Norton parts with this kit and it's still going strong, chemical top up's are available too if anything runs low.