Thread: Delivery today
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2019, 05:06 PM   #9
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Yep, apart from the silly levers, (I have the originals) it's a bog standard y2000 750SSie.
She's in good running order apart from the ten year old tyres!! and the three year old belts. I wouldn't ride it on those belts and tyres, but the seller offered to deliver it, so no money changed hands until it was safely in my yard and switched off from a running state.

Many projects start from bits or from a rough bike, but it makes a lot of sense to start with a good complete and running example.. There's no repairing to do and the re-finishing is easier or negligible. Many of the parts are in better nick than those on my y2000 Monster for example.

I will now de-commission the bike. Drain the tank and spray in WD40, remove the battery ect.
None of the red parts will be needed if the conversion works how I plan and these will be kept nicely until the project reaches the point of no return and then sold. If the project cannot be completed to my satisfaction then I will have done nothing irreversible before the hacksaw goes in, so I will then be able to restore it back to a standard (or slightly better) 750SSie.

The Commando must be finished before I can really get stuck into this one. At the moment it will be good to have it here to measure and test the ideas I have in mind.
I've been playing with these ideas for years, but had some breakthroughs a few months ago and decided that an ie bike would be much better suited to my project than a carbie, due to both the injection system and the slightly different frame on the later SSie bikes.

I admit to having a sit on it this afternoon, but I'm not surprised I sold my last 750SS and bought a Monster!.. Crippling!
That's a shame really because it's a damn nice motorbike. I will see if I can make it more comfortable and nice looking....Wait and see...