View Single Post
Old 26-02-2020, 08:52 PM   #34
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminbmx View Post
Yeah thats what I'm scared of - having to replace tap and rebuild pump! Can I replace the tap with a manual one? I would prefer that.
There's nothing really scary about it, especially as you'll be working in that area changing the fuel filter etc. and it really would be a good idea to make sure the fuel and vacuum pipes are not perishing.

A genuine Ducati vacuum tap cost me £28 a couple of years ago but I know someone on here replaced theirs with a generic one but had to make a bracket to get it to fit.

Obviously you could replace it with a manual tap if you prefer and in fact some early bikes were fitted with them and although genuine ones are no longer available apparently there are still some NOS available but obviously you could fit a generic type in it's place.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-OE...IAAOSweh9eQt6m

And the re-build kits for the Mikuni vacuum pump from Allens Performance are £20

I know it can seem a bit endless until it's sorted but once done at least it's peace of mind when you're out and about on the bike- the worst thing is if it lets you down and you can never really trust it enough to go places and enjoy it.