View Single Post
Old 19-07-2022, 08:05 PM   #6
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminbmx View Post
Got new tyres the other day…man what a difference! Got a motobatt too which is great.
Cool. Hope the AGM works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminbmx View Post
Never used dielectric grease so that will be a Youtube video!
It's a non-conductive grease, usually silicon-based. Clean your electrical connectors if/as necessary- and then apply dielectric fairly liberally. and re-connect. The pressure of remaking the contact displaces the grease - and then the connection is sealed from the air/moisture.

It just prevents air or water getting into the connector causing them to oxidize or otherwise corrode/degrade the connection. It's probably not so vitally important for the WeatherPack/SuperSeal connectors on the main harness (these should be weathertight anyway, if in good condition) - but that cheesy alternator block connector? Bullet terminals on the indicators? Pack that stuff in there, you betcha... LOL

I'd do battery terminals, multi-plug connectors, handlebar switches, spark plug caps etc. are all candidates. I'd probably also do relay bases etc and anything else I could find while I was at it for good measure. Basically everything on a bike is exposed to the elements, especially at any out-of-town speed...
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote