View Single Post
Old 19-07-2022, 01:29 PM   #2
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
If the temperature is down towards zero and the humity is just so you can get ice forming in the intakes, possibly heightened with the potential water content of E5/10 fuel.
You just need a bit of fuel additive to stop it happening.

Corrosion, ACF50 will keep that at bay.

Water proof electrics ... well my 750 got me home though some floods >> pics etc here << If you scroll down there's the main grid station for the county which was on my route home, spot the road on the right, half a mile on your off the embankment and it got to be real fun
Didn't miss a beat in water up to knee level, that's knee level sitting on and riding (make a bow wave and hope it gets shallower and DON'T STOP!!) the bike so it's probably less of an issue than you think. Just make sure your connecters are clean and lube with some suitable grease.

Hopefully not one you'll find but given reasonable tyres you'll be OK in snow up to 10 - 20 cms deep, the forest was always a bit carp for winter weather, well OK depends on how you ride but the motors doff along nicely and the flat torque curve means it rarely snaps out on you.

The motor casing paint will fall off anyway, salt will make it happen faster and the cases can get messy, again ACF everything.

No problems Jamin, good gear and it'll be a doddle.. not enjoyable but a doddle.

Last edited by Nickj; 19-07-2022 at 01:32 PM..
Nickj is offline   Reply With Quote