View Single Post
Old 21-03-2024, 07:46 PM   #22
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Since the Ducati adverts expired this January on the forum, I've been working on getting some good diverse advertisers to place ads with us.
So far I've managed to get a grand total of two!

I have lost count of how many I have approached, some have shown great promise but then just not come good at the point of commitment.

To cut to the chase I need some help with this. We need to get another 3 adverts on the forum per year to cover the running costs of the forum and importantly keep the club free as it has always been.

Please don't suggest a long list of people I can ask. A) I don't like doing it. B) It's a good bet they will not reply, or explain why they won't advertise in great detail. C) I really don't seem to be very good at it and I like cold calling as much as I like being cold called!

The approach that's had success is to develop a rapport with an outfit I have dealt with, preferably with the boss, and then suggest that they would do well to advertise on our wonderful forum and also help sponsor it.

If you're having a service or talking with a supplier about some tricky part or whatever, then chat them up and pop the question in a nice way. I'm happy to take over once you've softened them up. An introduction is always so much better than a cold call.

I think I'm played out as far as this goes, so I hope you'll give this some thought and bear it in mind when you have a good deal with someone who would be good for the club membership.

Thanks in advance.

Gary
Chairman.