View Single Post
Old 30-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #10
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Sorry, I don't have any pics of the mod and I also lack the technology with which to provide one.

Thanks to Luddite for posting up the article from practical sportsbikes.
And in general for being a mine of information and a real asset to the forum.

Reading the article though, I notice that it seems to suggest fitting the diode between the neutral switch and the starter relay.
I dunno whether that works or whether its an error or misprint but my installation places the diode between the neutral switch and the sidestand relay.
I believe this is also the case with the Electraeon bypass kit.
I fancy its an easier job that way anyway, as everything is easy to access.
Here's a description of how I did it.

I spliced a short length of wire, 7 or 8 cm long into the single wire from the neutral switch.
I fitted a bullet connector to the other end, which sits behind the left hand side panel and allows disconnection for maintenance etc.
I then continued with another short length of wire from the bullet connector to the diode, which sits neatly behind the fusebox under the seat.
The other side of the diode is then connected via another short length of wire to the control terminal on the sidestand relay.
The diode and its solder connections is completely covered in glue-lined shrinkwrap, as is the splice into the neutral switch wire.
At the sidestand relay I confess that I simply patched in at the terminal and covered the joint with self amalgamating tape, meaning to tidy this up later but never getting around to it.

If that all sounds complicated, a quick summary would read ....
Connect a length of wire between the neutral switch wire and the control terminal on the sidestand relay, fitting the diode and a bullet connector somewhere along its length.

Its a super-neat installation .. basically just 30cm or so of wire with a bulge where the diode is and a bullet connector.
You'd hardly know it was there.

Note .. my neutral switch has just a single wire but I think some monsters may have switches with a double wire .. if memory serves.

Hope that helps.

My system is working perfectly (after replacing my dicky neutral switch) and has been on the bike for 5 or 6 years.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote