View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #8
fingerpuk

The rear wheel was still too dirty so with the sprocket carrier off I removed the disc and went to work again. More WD40, more toothbrushes, more silicone spray, more micro fibre towels.

The thing with photos of clean parts is a: they show the fluff left behind and b: they show marks you want to get sanded down and sprayed, but you can’t see them in real life. It’s damn annoying. Anyway, the rear calliper needed the same work as the front so it was removed from the hose (which I’ll replace), cleaned, seals etc all replaced, and wrapped in paper ready to go back on.

And of course everything that could be replaced was, and it was titanium.

Remember that pack of stuff from Moto Rapido? It had more than rear shock fixings. It also had fixings for other bits. As did the Pro Bolt order. Where I could I threw away anything nasty looking and replaced with new, a good example is the rear brake master cylinder bits.

I then cleaned the top half of the engine until it looked mostly like this.

I then decided to do a bigger job I’d been putting off. Replacing the headlight. This box had arrived from the USA.

With this in it.

I decided to not go LED as I wanted an older look, and I won’t ride this bike in bad weather again.

Old light off, new one on.

I thought about keeping the original indicators as I like the look of them, so off they came.

Only to discover they won’t work with the new Motodemic headlight. So I’ll order some new ones.