View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #5
fingerpuk

The rear calliper bracket was going to be sent away also but… it cleaned up really well. So that’s that.

These though… these needed help. They were taken apart ready for nickel plating. All the clips and the bolts would be replaced.

However before anything could be shipped off the bearings on the carrier needed to come out, and they didn’t want to. I soaked them in Plus Gas for a week, tried heat, tried hitting them and swearing and nothing worked.

And then after talking to lots of people Luddite suggested using my favourite tool - my vice. I have no photos of this because it was precarious but using all sorts of bits I got the bearings out.

I felt like a hero With those parts shipped off for polishing and plating I felt a bit empty, I had nothing to do. As far as I was concerned I just needed to wait for the parts to come back. And I think Luddite sensed this and used my boredom to sell me some bling.

Very pretty. But how to fit it? No ABBA stand. Luddite helped again by suggesting using two ladders. I don’t have two so…

Yes. The wood is bending. It got a lot more banana shaped before I was through. But after 5 minutes the old one was out.