View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #3
fingerpuk

Here you can see the Leo Vince cans which sound amazing but aesthetically I no longer liked. I decided to take them off for now and see what happens down to road.

Better. I wish I could run it like this. Then I saw the corrosion on the shock. It’s not bad, the thing works, but it was nagging me. So I made some calls and found a place that would rebuild it and while it was apart get it all coated. Cost would be £180 all up but I’d have to wait a very long time for them to get round to it. So it stayed in for now which is good as I had no way to get it out.

With the front off I put the callipers back on… yeah I know. They came off 5 minutes later when I realised my mistakes.

Front wheel back in, callipers back on (forks are getting a rebuild in the spring when it gets a service and MOT).

On with the Brembo bling.

To find the brake lines no longer fit, they aren’t long enough. On with new HEL lines.

Front brakes bled and done. Happy days.

I then went to put the new clutch line on, but everything around the slave was dirty and needed attention. I did consider a new slave but Oberon won’t tell me if it’ll work with the Brembo, so unless anyone here can say it does I’ll stick with the original for now.

The front sprocket nuts and plate came off, and were replaced with titanium. Pictures to follow, feel free to hassle me. The new clutch line went on and was filled with fluid. Hopefully I’ve done it ok, we’ll find out soon enough.