View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
fingerpuk

All the old bits get bagged and labelled just in case.

A member of another forum let me know he was selling some parts, parts I hadn’t thought about replacing, and so I bought them. New carbon and seat.

With the master cylinders off the bike I looked at the chrome bars, which I’d never liked, and agonised about what to do. I thought about re plating them, or powder coating them, but instead bought some CNC Italia ones. While they were in the Italian post (i.e. wait 9 weeks) I spent some time looking at the master cylinders. They just looked so sad.

So I bought some new ones.

Because… I don’t know why.

Yes I do. Look at them! To go with these I pondered new lines but my old ones were immaculate, and worked, and braided, so why bother? I’ll make do and save myself the hassle of running new ones. I then removed the front wheel (and can’t find images of that), removed the bearings, cleaned everything, and put new bearings in. Then the bars arrived.

Which were much larger than OEM. You can see I’d cleaned the airbag here, and used silicone spray. Silly idea as loads of work was still to come and it would need more cleaning later.

The new bars got measured, cut, de-burred, and installed.

While the old bars were off the front end was given a good clean with WD40, toothbrushes, and micro fibre towels. Top tip, buy these items in bulk cheaper because you’ll use loads.