View Single Post
Old 23-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Be careful not to over do the grease in the top hat, just a dab is enough to make sure the rod slips through the O-ring in the top hat nicely and it keeps the muck and corrosion out so the rod comes out easily next time off. This is more important if you covert to an Anti-rotation rod, as those have to be withdrawn from the slave side because there is a pin in that end preventing it from going the clutch way.
There's a little hole in the end of the top hat which will produce a little worm of grease as you push the rod in, wipe that away.

I even wash new plates however clean they look, as you can't see the contaminants that make them stick or slip, besides it can't do any harm.

Don't fret about the spacer, I doubt it will work at all without it, so I would be confident that you put it in.

At the end of the day, if it's working okay and not slipping or dragging I would say you don't have any problems. A bit of strange pressure plate rotation shouldn't be over-thought, they do have a mind of their own. Especially if you're just wheeling the bike about with the engine off, it won't be spinning fast enough to separate properly.