View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 05:53 AM   #250
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
My rheumatoid arthritis causes sleeplessness and I frequently wake up after about 4 hours and cannot get back to sleep. I fill my time by posting here and researching what to buy for the bike.
For design of the battery box I chose a battery used for an 1198 and got the dimensions and added 12mm to allow for rubber vibration isolation and then made a wooden dummy battery. It was quite a bit bigger than I had expected and would not fit where I originally intended (alongside the lower left-hand frame tube and beneath the carburetor float bowls). On reflection, this is probably a good thing as any carburetor leak could have been catastrophic. The only place the battery could go was immediately behind the headstock and below the ignition switch, the place where I had intended to fit the fuse box, starter solenoid and the relays. This probably means I will need one of those clever (and expensive) electronic devices that replace fuse boxes and relays etc.
The manufacture of a mold for a CF battery box was started yesterday. Pictures to follow
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote