View Single Post
Old 27-08-2017, 01:11 AM   #246
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Well, I have intermittent internet now .. we'll see if it lasts long enough to post.

Both (Dymag) wheels came with bearings fitted and with the correct holes/pcd/offset dims to take the std discs.
Also the rear cushdrive was all there and is of a different design (which at a glance looks simpler and with less offset to the drive .. for what that's worth).
It takes a different sprocket though .. they supply a Talon as part of the deal, but I'm told that Renthals are also available.
I believe the hub is a Talon design actually, but don't quote me.

When I fitted mine, I also swapped the steel swingarm to an ally one from a 900.
Therefore I was keen to make certain that chain alignment wouldn't present any problems.
At my request, they sent me production drawings of both hubs, to check the dimensions myself, before they built the wheels.
This was in some respects both a blessing and a curse since it shifted the onus of responsibility onto me, should there be a dimensional problem.
But if you fancy making certain, I'm sure they would "oblige" in your case too.

The battery is a Magneti Marelli, MM-ION-6
I didn't actually choose it for technical reasons though .. beyond it being the LiFePO4 type (I think I've quoted that correctly, but am relying on memory).
It was more because it was a brand I had heard of, it was Italian, it has a 3xled condition tester built in .. and its blue colour matches my bike.
Other brands are available.
I can measure it if you like.
It has started my 750 instantly for about 18months now, but although I've run the bike in mildish february weather, I've not really tested it in the cold yet.
I fret that I should perhaps fit a shindengen reg/rec to go with it because I have a minor paranoia about it ever being overcharged .. but I've not done so yet.
I also considered arranging some sort of overcharge limiter .. basically a second regulator plus a warning signal if it ever operates maybe .. I mused over a zener diode recently .. but then it went off the boil.
You may care to ponder ..?

I'd best press "post" now, while my luck seems to be holding.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote