Thread: Brake issues
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Slob's right on both counts (of course!). The offset for the S discs is different from the Evo's. I changed my front discs 18 months ago and researched the alternatives then. A pair of stock discs was about £480 and the RRP for Brembo Serie Oros was around £440. But I got a pair from Simon at WSC Performance for £285 delivered. He also supplied two pairs of SA sintered pads for £54. Give him a try - full contact details here:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=56141

As for the rear brake, it's quite common for it to be weak due to air in the system and it's also not unusual for owners to try to compensate by winding in the adjuster. That could be what the previous owner did on yours so that, now you've got it working as it should, it's now got insufficient clearance. If you've stripped and cleaned the caliper (and changed the seals) then that shouldn't be the source of the binding so, as slob says, try backing off the pushrod a bit.

Also, make sure the reservoir isn't overfull - too much fluid may not leave enough space for expansion when the system heats up.

Let us know how you get on.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote