Thread: Capo.
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2020, 01:56 PM   #7
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Jeff was kind enough to call me with the news before posting on the forum. Thank you.

I was lucky to call Stuart a friend for over ten years. A friendship which started over a weekender which was held at Arrow Mill.
Capos bike would not fire up after spending a day at the Prescott Hill Climb. I kept him company whilst another member headed to the Mill, picked up his van and came to collect the bike. Over a cup of coffee we became friends.
Capo could ride like he stole it! We spent many hours out on the bikes going to and from various events just enjoying the journey.
His attention to detail was staggering, those of you who met him and the rather special S4r he modified would agree it is a work of art.
Yes, as mentioned, Capo could be cantankerous, but once you became a friend, he was one of the most generous and interesting people you could meet.
Two conversations come to mind which make me smile, over a cuppa on one occasion, Capo started talking about the team he funded which raced TZ250/350's at the TT in the '70's, but my favourite is of the time he and a group of friends tried water sking whilst being towed by a helicopter!!

Rest in peace , I feel honoured to have called you a friend.

Last edited by Grumpy; 19-07-2020 at 08:56 PM..
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote