Thread: Capo.
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Well done Jeff I know that wasn't an easy post for you to make.

Capo made an awful cup of coffee. He always kept a tin of condensed milk in, as he used to use it when he was based in the Desert.
He would always be able to surprise and impress me with a new story, not least being steam catapulted in an aircraft, from an aircraft carrier.
Most of all I loved to steer him towards his stories of Barry Sheene, whom he grew up with. Being terrified driving with him in snow as Barry executed many handbrake turns across the Fens, with all those dykes!

Capo's S4R is awesome and an inspiration to me. Hard to follow across the Fens sometimes too!

He has always supported and encouraged the Norfolk area meets, often coming many miles in foul weather to attend. He has also donated a large red gazebo for club use out of his own pocket, which we have successfully campaigned at shows recently.

He was sent home from hospital earlier this year with instructions to get his affairs in order. Grumpy and I made a cheeky early lockdown visit to see him and helped him do some heavy lifting on a project he was still working on undeterred, and with a conviction to "beat this thing".

Fully agree with Jeff's appraisal of being cantankerous, but his generosity was always overwhelming.

I'm missing him already... Always the Boss of all the Bosses.