View Single Post
Old 17-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #18
Nasher

Bike: M900
As a heads up for anyone doing this mod.

Over the weekend I tried driving a Roadracing Tacho from the Ignitech module by plugging in the jumper cable in the same way you’d do with the std IC ignitor.
It doesn’t appear to work, the cylinder whose cable you’ve plugged into won’t fire, I tried both.

I also tried a Ducati Performance tacho that plugs in the same way using the same style cable, that took the cylinder out too.
The Roadracing tacho appears to be exactly the same as the Ducati one with ‘Roadracing’ printed on the face, so I wasn’t surprised.

For the sake of completeness I converted the bike back to IC ignitors and using the same cables plugged into both IC ignitors in turn everything worked as expected with both tachos.

The IgniTech module does however provide a pin-out for a tacho, and helpfully some spare crimps in the box, so when I get some tinker time in the garage I’ll try running a later Ducati tacho from an injected bike from it.

This should give Carbie Monster owners more opportunity to fit a Tacho, as the later Tachos are more readily available on EBAY etc than the rare IC Ignitor driven ones.

Nasher.