View Single Post
Old 28-01-2024, 02:06 PM   #62
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post

That means of course that using the 15mm offset discs the discs will be 2mm further apart, or in other words 1mm further out, or offcentre to the radial calipers.
I've looked at the setup I've done on both my 1000ss and M1000, and both would easily accommodate this, but are slightly different.
When I fitted the HPK discs to the 916, I recall having to alter the alignment slightly by altering the RH spacer.

IIRC I got a new alloy spacer made at around 0.5mm bigger than the original (which is why I've got the steel spacers spare) and the reason for this is the HPK discs are 6mm thick rather than 5mm of the 748R and other Ducati discs whereas the inside of the caliper is only around 7-8mm, so alignment is critical so as not to touch the caliper body with the disc.

In hindsight I think they were just OK and not touching but my OCD wouldn't let it go that close but, being full floating I imagine they would find a way to clear anyway?

Otherwise I think you'll find the 15mm offset will be fine but if not you can just alter it by machining down the spacers or fitting thicker spacers/adding shims, the only potential fly in the ointment is the speedo drive might not be easy to machine but maybe you could remove material from the inside of the fork leg or the wheel if absolutely required? but, that should only be the case if you needed a narrower stance and it sounds like you may need it wider?

This is a 748R disc BTW;

Let me know if you need any measurements.

Last edited by Dukedesmo; 28-01-2024 at 04:35 PM..
Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote