View Single Post
Old 24-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #22

Jim,

I live in Kerry and can confirm that Kerry, Cork, Tipperary, Waterford will all hit the spot for some touring especially if you have a base in Cork to operate from, loads of day trips possible, we do it all the time.

I'm just back from the TT and came home via Larne and rode the coast road to the Giant's Causeway, Portrush, Portstewart - absolutely fabulous - and it rained the whole time. We came home via Armoy, Ballymoney, Kells, Cookstown and the road surfaces were great, much better than down the south.

Very few fixed speed cameras in the South, but we now have mobile vans on the prowl manned by a private company on behalf of the police. You would be very unlucky to be caught on a bike, different in a car. Police still use the hairdryers but don't bother with foreign registered vehicles, too much paperwork - no on the spot fines here yet.

Closest road racing is : Athea, Co Limerick 23rd & 24th July.

Munster 100 Timoleague Co Cork Sat 20th Sun 21st August, this replaces Dunmanway which was run last year for the first time in years. Google Irish Road Racing Dates.

You should come over, you'll have a ball. If you need any more info or help give us a shout and I'll do my best, maybe meet up on the road.

Steve.