View Single Post
Old 26-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #15
Nasher

Bike: M900
I was actually quite glad of the rain today, it meant I could spend some time in the garage instead of carrying on with the Garden projects Lady Nasher has me doing.

I found the non-Ducati piece of pipe that was in place between the Fuel Filter and tap was very soft and kinked very easily. That has been replaced with a length of fuel pipe I had in the garage, being injection hose it's far more robust and kink resistant, and the Fuel itself shouldn't attack it.
I also replaced the Tap to fuel pump hose with the same as the original shortened Ducati hose was split all over it's outer surface.

The Vacuum hose I've brought hasn't arrived yet, but having taken the old one off and inspected it I'm sure it's OK.

And so to the Fuel Pump.
It came apart really easily, and the Mikuni rebuild kit from Allens fitted really well.
I don't think it could have been pumping properly for a long time.
The main issue was the clear diaphragm between the pump body and the vacuum chamber the pipe connects to.
The diaphragm is supposed to be flat, but had deformed into a dome almost filling the chamber and can't have been moving properly, it was stuck to the body by the gasket and had to be peeled off, but the space that was left in the chamber on the vacuum side was full of fuel.

I put the pump back together and the bike started really well, but of course I'd now like a dry day to try her out.

Did manage to do some garden stuff in the garage though.
I want a raduised corner on the deck I'm putting in, so broke out the Epoxy and laminated up a 90deg section of curved joist to use in that corner.

Nasher