View Single Post
Old 19-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #67
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
So in the end I stuffed the hoover in there. Most of the bits that fell in are from the sealant around the base. I can see one white bit which shows up in the pics between the crank weight at the bottom of the pic and the crankcase. Probably not serious and could flush through. There's a couple of small bits on the bottom of the crankcases below the cranks but again, should flush into the filter or flush through?

The heads look like they need a little decoking but initially they look fine.

The gudgeon pins look like they are wearing. What d'you all reckon? Looks lkke new ones needed if they are available. Might as well do the bearings too.

Used brake cleaner and then xylene to degrease the engine block and remove the bigger flakes. Took ages and lots of cotton buds but now it's ready to rub down to remove the paint. Hopefully there will be no grease in the nooks and crannies. The studs have got a bit of corrosion. The vertical ones only at the base, but the horizontal ones have about 3 inches from the base as well. I guess the black coating has now gone on it. I'll rub them down before refitting the barrels and give them a lick of smoothrite. Any advice on whether to grease them before assembly and if so which grease?

Last edited by spacemonkey; 19-05-2015 at 08:19 PM..
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote