View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 09:04 PM   #104
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
New tyres?
Well spotted, Mr Gazza! Actually, they've been resprayed too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Very nice. Any chance there’ll be some white wheels on it Too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
My thoughts as well...
No chance! Been there with my S2R - too much like hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince53 View Post
wowser Lud , that's clean as clean , love the front mudguard , I was guna ask where you got that but you had it custom painted as well ? how many miles on that looks like new ! might go for the smoked front screen that's nice as well, so what's the benefit of the 1100s flywheel ? torque engine breaking ?
Glad you like it, Vince. Yes, the mudguard was painted by Steve at Image Design Custom based on the M1200.

I don't get to ride it as much as I'd like so it's only done 9,000 miles.

I don't know if you've ridden an Evo, but low speed town work feels much rougher than your S. Part of that is down to the restrictive emissions stuff, but I think most of it is down to the lighter flywheel.

The heavier S flywheel helps to smooth out the low-speed power pulses and gives the chain an easier time too as you notice a lot less chain slap. Also, engine braking is a lot less fierce if you shut off suddenly. In theory, it will blunt the acceleration a little but, as I'm running lower gearing than standard, I've not noticed any loss of oomph. More details here http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=54450
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote