View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 05:40 AM   #27
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Hi Luddite,

Tx for your help as usual. Could you elucidate on "696 link pipe" please ? What it is and where to buy ?

I got my DP ECU back from Cornerspeed (Neil - great) a few days ago, and as today was the 1st day with no rain, went out for a sloppy 60 mile run (I live in the ass-end of nowhere, roads are mud, slime and leaves right now) and it was BETTER, but not great. I'd done the TPS warm up and have 14 t and taken the Lamdas off. I could hold at 30mph in 3rd, but 2nd was still very lumpy. I'm hope the parameters re-adjusting over the next couple of 100 miles does it....... Early days.

I also have the Ohlins linear spring ready to get fitted (per Luddite - Tx). I'm then guessing the front forks will need the Maxxis treatment (per Jonzi), as they feel rubbish too.

It's only money - right ???

Starla X

Starla, the 696 does not have the exhaust valve so has a clean non valve link pipe.

read the thread I did about front suspension, going down the K-Tech route is cheaper than what I assume you mean Maxton, here is the link to the K-Tech upgrade I did.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ghlight=k-tech
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote