Thread: 1100 Evo remap
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #26
Starla

Bike: M796
796 ReXXer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
The Rexxer reflash will disable the exhaust valve (and then you can fit a 696 link pipe, which doesn't have the valve). Presumably, your DP ECU has already enabled you to do away with the lambdas?

I don't think the Rexxer software can bypass the immobiliser but check with Neil at Cornerspeed - he may still be able to help. If not, contact Avanti (http://www.avantiraceparts.co.uk/page.php) as they seem to be the acknowledged experts on immobilisers.

My experience of the DP ECU is that it was still set on the weak side but then I have got the homologated Termis with cats, which still had the lambdas connected. Perhaps the race ECU is better in that respect. Chris.p has a race system so would be able to tell you how much of a difference there is between the race ECU and the Rexxer reflash.

Whether you reflash the stock or DP ECU depends, I think, on what you intend to do if and when you sell the bike. If you wanted to put it back to standard and sell the Termis separately, then I'd say reflash the DP ECU so you can reinstall the stock one when selling the bike.

If you'd leave the Termis on the bike, (or you're never going to sell it!), then reflash the stock ECU and sell the DP one to recoup some of the cost of the reflash.
Hi Luddite,

Tx for your help as usual. Could you elucidate on "696 link pipe" please ? What it is and where to buy ?

I got my DP ECU back from Cornerspeed (Neil - great) a few days ago, and as today was the 1st day with no rain, went out for a sloppy 60 mile run (I live in the ass-end of nowhere, roads are mud, slime and leaves right now) and it was BETTER, but not great. I'd done the TPS warm up and have 14 t and taken the Lamdas off. I could hold at 30mph in 3rd, but 2nd was still very lumpy. I'm hope the parameters re-adjusting over the next couple of 100 miles does it....... Early days.

I also have the Ohlins linear spring ready to get fitted (per Luddite - Tx). I'm then guessing the front forks will need the Maxxis treatment (per Jonzi), as they feel rubbish too.

It's only money - right ???

Starla X
Starla is offline   Reply With Quote