View Single Post
Old 27-06-2015, 07:01 PM   #63
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Kato many thanks

I was at work today so made a detour to see Kato for a number of reasons.

Good to catch up as always
He graciously GAVE me a pair of early front discs suitable for my 900 as 1 was odd.
I so wanted to see this Hybrid Monster bike.

Got there just as Moto GP was about to start so rude not to accept the sofa a dog companion ( that allegedly farts ) and a cup of tea.
Was quite weird sitting with Rossi's greatest fan and him winning .. Great race though to the end.

Out to see this lightweight bike and wow it certainly is light and dripping in goodies we can only dream about. I cant wait to see it running around somewhere and boy if its that light it should handle well.

Anyhow I got gifted these front discs by Kato and really appreciate it as it helps me make it at least look right with that odd front. Now the only down side was they were well grubby and needed cleaning up as also covered in Knight Racing orange paint spatter over 2 sides.
Not perfect by anyone's means but you know me and like to clean up cr4p components to as new.

So got back to work and got home around 5pm and Caroline went out on a hens do so best get in the garage and attack them.

1 hour later they are at least respectable and need minor flattening levelling around the bolting holes before a good respray. I must make sure the holes are cleaned out too as paint can flake in those places but there is plenty of meat left and no distortion.

Does anyone know a good colour match paint offhand similar to brembo colour.

Before cleaning. Note the orange tinge.

After phase 1 clean up.

The disc that's wrong from a later model. Will be cleaned up as will other side as a spare

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote