View Single Post
Old 21-09-2016, 07:35 PM   #11
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelsonly View Post
I Expected the maintenance to be a little pricey it is a Ducati after all, And i completely agree i will head down to a Ducati dealer and see if they have something similar to give a test drive and the different CC ranges.. After this i will get back to you on what i ridden and what i'm going for!!

Very excited fell like a little child again haha

Thanks guys
I guess there's an element of a Ducati being a bit of an acquired taste, partly due to the extra care they require (and subsequent additional cost thereof) over say a typical Japanese motorcycle

The cost of running is somewhat dependent on how well you know your way around a set of spanners and a motorcycle although on a lot of later machinery some work is probably prohibitive for the home mechanic due to the electronics etc. but there are a lot of knowledgeable folk on here to help, so ask away and you'll get answers.

They are also rather different to ride than most Japanese bikes (even the V Twin offerings) but if you 'get it' (bear in mind it may not happen immediately) then they are sooo addictive and you'll probably be hooked forever.

I have owned my '97 900 for almost eighteen years and it makes me smile now more than it ever has - I love it that much!!

As for the 696, I like the look of them (not ridden one though), although the base model of the new shape Monsters (I know- no longer current models) I prefer the twin sided swing arm to the single sider fitted to it's bigger brothers the 796 and 100 where to me it looks out of place but somehow manages to look spot-on on the 1100 Evo. Just my personal opinions of the standard bikes of course and because as with most Ducati's there are plenty of sweetly modified Monsters that often change those views.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about it being the lower capacity engine too much, as with most bikes if they are set up properly then getting the handling spot on is the best performance modification you could ever make while at the same time making your whole riding experience better at whatever speed yet it is overlooked by many riders being seen as too expensive (which to be fair it isn't the cheapest thing in the world) for something that isn't shiny and/or loud.

There!! A sensible reply!!

Now then.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
No, because we don,t mislead new members. I'm sure he knows to get yella if outright speed is his thing
Yes, Yes ok but I thought Ducati designated the colour yellow to their 'little bikes' in racing...WSB were always red while the muuuuuch slower Super Sport class bikes were ye ..ye....I can't even say the word again!! (this could go on!! )

Last edited by Flip; 21-09-2016 at 08:22 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote