View Single Post
Old 26-05-2016, 06:42 PM   #15
blackthorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint aka ML View Post
Your soldering is better then mine hence I am using the crush tubes with heat shring on top of them
Honestly mate i do not rate my soldering lol it does the job like it should but i need to get better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
Good to hear that you're getting there with the bike.
Yeah me to! Very happy i can actually ride it now as it's making me a very happy and adrenaline filled guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Two secrets to soldering ....
1) Absolute cleanliness.
2) Don't use modern lead free solder, its useless .... use the old fashioned lead/tin stuff.

Also, you can get crimp connectors where the shrinktube is lined with hot-melt glue.
This gives a reliable, sealed joint.
Or simply use the glue-lined shrinktube over soldered joints.
In either case, the glue gives added mechanical strength to the joint.
Will bear this in mind for when i'm next soldering buddy, thanks for that!

Update:

So the bike came to me with 3 random wires at the head tube which turned out to be fuel, oil pressure and neutral which couldn't be wired into the koso clocks so i came up with the idea to drill out M8 bolts and fit 3mm LED's inside them then put them where the original mounts are for the bars. I only ordered one to make sure it was going to work so i done the fuel light today:

However the fuel light is staying on so i think the low level sensor may be knackered... as i checked for current when the tank was empty and full, both times there was 12v going to the wire any other way i can check?

cheers,

Roo