View Single Post
Old 17-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
benaround

I too am familiar with Metropolis' not great reputation (and indeed that of others here in the London area) when it comes to providing our babies with the much needed TLC (as per Steeevvvooo's words). The reason I went to RC is this very forum and all the nice words people have to say about the transformational work Ray and Marcus put into the bikes.

The only reason I mentioned Metropolis, was as a benchmark and because regardless of the quality of work they provide, they are an authorised dealer, meaning you can sleep peacefully at night, knowing that if something happens, you can take the bike back and they are obliged to look after it again and again, until they get it right. Granted, this is not the relationship one wishes to have with their mechanic, but the cost you pay for parts and labour at these places is commensurate with mother Ducati's official stamp and approval of the dealer. The question is I guess could one expect RC to assume the same responsibility?

For me, the communication part is what is most important, i.e. in this instance, I was led to believe cost would be substantially lower. When I went to pick up the bike, I was told a different figure, which unfortunately was some way from the original. At that stage, you can only do so much. It's not like you can ask RC to undo all the work and/or bring the bike back to its original state. Regardless of how much money I could afford to pay, I had to cough up. Perhaps this was a one-off.