Thread: 620 speedo
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
If it's the dials not sweeping, usually you'll get a jerky start sweep at power up, them it's the servo motor. Probably about £10 tops for the component but no one at Minarelli will say squat or even bother to answer mails and Ducati will just smile and ask for your cash.
As I said before on another strand these clocks are pieces of rubbish, they are not well designed (allow water ingress) nor are they durable.. That is they aren't of merchandable quality, Ducati should replace them for labour only at worst. BTW they have a legal liability for 5 years says the sale of goods act. My clocks lasted for about 300 hours runtime maximum over 5 years. Probably similar to yours I'm thinking.
Write to the nice people at Ducati UK and they'll probably offer you a 50% discount on current prices. If they do it kinda indicates they know the clocks aren't exactly anything special, they should given the numbers I'm guessing they've replaced worldwide. Of course I'm only guessing as they do include a non-disclosure element if you agree.
If you feel pissed enough about it go via small claims court and use the sales of goods act, win and a precedent is set so everyones bust clocks get replaced. I was thinking about this route myself but I needed hard info on the fail rate and a strand looking for this got no responses, so I assume people had either just ignored them not working or gone down the hand out from Ducati route so couldn't really say.