Thread: New Monster??
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2020, 05:49 PM   #30
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Electric bikes are a myth, they simply don’t exist ;-)
I see what you did there.. Fake news eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
............... I actually quite like that !!, whats the range between charges................ok so now I have looked at the website its 100 miles, just banged my head on the table when I fell of my chair....23 grand !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I like it too and I'm on a list for a test ride soon.

I just did some sums and it's big numbers. I reckon £23k would get me about 21000 miles on my Monster, not counting the initial purchase of the bike or maintenance items like clutch parts, spark plugs, chains and sprockets and so forth. Nor about £40 quids worth of oil every year which has to be disposed of.
With an electric bike you're basically putting tyres on it and insuring it.
I'm not very good at maths so I don't know how good those figures are but I reckon you'd be ahead of the game with an electric bike after 4 or 5 years?

It would be interesting to compare the cost per mile of electric versus a Monster, but the real advantages are a beautiful riding experience, seamless power delivery, no noise pollution and no air pollution (if renewable energy is used.)
I really want one and I think Ducati are dragging their feet by not developing one and just wasting time and resource by bringing out yet another petrol engined bike which is nothing special at all, just a different shape.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 15-09-2020 at 05:55 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote