View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Great shots of your bikes,thanks for sharing. Interested in your comments, even the handling ?
Thanks

The weight is much lower on the Diavel (for example the battery is in the belly pan and the seat is also cut lower .... feet flat on floor with knees bent compared to straight legs on the S4). It also has a million more electronic controls: ABS, DTC, 3 different power modes, etc. etc. all of which enable you to push the limits "safely". It's less "raw" than the S4, less noisy (no dry clutch) but has significantly more power .. with the Termis, Air filter and Ducati Performance chip it's circa 180bhp. The rear tyre despite being a massive 240 actually makes the bike really nimble and easy to flick from side to side. And the turning circle is tighter .... so much easier to move around in the garage, lol

I didn't like the position on the X-Diavel (feet first) and the phase 2 model is vastly improved over the Phase 1 (Twin spark, better gearing, plus design) and I don't like the new Audi version so it was always only ever going to be Phase 2 and mine has about £5k of extras added but bought for the price of a stock one so shouldn't be too hard to sell on without hitting a big loss ... we'll see.