View Single Post
Old 15-05-2023, 01:10 PM   #56
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I spy a centre stand there.
Have you had it fitted yet? I ask because it's quite likely to need a bit of coaxing.
The clearance between the brace and the back tyre can be very tight and not allow full wheel adjustment, say with a new chain. Also the assistor arm can clash with the left hand silencer.
I also spy an alloy side stand bracket. Those don't sit very well with a centre stand, as they want to both use the same bolt hole. You can fit both with bespoke spacers under the forward end of the side stand bracket, and the middle hole on the centre stand bracket, then you will need a longer thread on the shoulder bolts to reach far enough into the M10 threaded holes.
Best to try and source a later (post 1999) stand with a forged steel bracket and leg.
Fitted to all 2000 on "old shape" Monsters and ST2/4.
Those don't share a bolt hole and you'll only need a spacer to match the centre stand bracket thickness under the front footrest hanger shoulder bolt.

You've got an awful lot of masking to do in a week! Mating surfaces and threads, quite a few of the parts in that picture that I would definitely not powder coat.