View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 09:00 PM   #32
rbt1548

Bike: M900sie
Thanks guys for all your input.

I am not so concerned now about the small lateral play in the mounting bracket as it has been explained there should indeed be some movement and on mine there is a bit less than the 2mm mentioned.

Both pads are flat with no wedge shaped wear on either, there is a chance that it was dirt that was causing the reluctance to move, as after I had cleaned it it is moving freely in both directions, but I will keep an eye on it as suggested.

The damage to the bodies could have been caused by putting the calliper half in a vice at some point previous to me getting the bike. What I did notice when I had it apart was the calliper to mount Allen screw had been cut short for some reason, was 15mm should be 20mm with, no washers fitted, I will replace that with the proper size. Maybe something did happen with the rear brake before I got it and I have just noticed it during cleaning, maybe a good clean more often may help?

The brake seems to function fine now after cleaning and bleeding, and if anything I have less pedal travel, the only way to tell for sure is on the road which will not be for a week or two due to stuff going on... now if I only could get my foot to touch the pedal with out contorting it that would be a bonus!!!!

The disc itself shows no sign of wear or having been in contact with another metal surface and with a thickness of 4.1mm seems hardly worn.

Anyway thank you all very much for your help and advice , it's much appreciated!

1965 BSA Lightning Clubman
1958 Wife
2000 M900Sie
rbt1548 is offline   Reply With Quote