View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 09:46 AM   #15
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
It is a Sargent seat, I bought it on impulse (late-night ebay) even though I wasn't keen on the red piping - but the price was right.

Having tried it and, despite preferring the look of my DP, so called 'comfort' seat, it is much more comfortable and also sits me about 1" higher which helps with the seat to footrest position that was too cramped before. Plus it has more underseat storage.

As for the exhaust heat shields, they came with the exhausts. I do actually have a spare LH side shield that I bought (again late-night ebay) in case of emergency, because knowing that they are probably difficult (and expensive) to get hold of new, if I see something interesting I get it for my spares collection.

With regards to the throttle tamer, it works very well and actually has a slower ramp at low throttle openings, which is a great help but then speeds up at higher openings. I was dubious when I first saw it but it makes a big difference in user-friendliness because the throttle was ridiculously short action and heavy before.

However I don't know if the standard Monster carb setup action is similar to the FCRs so can't say if you would have the same problem with the Mikunis...

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote