View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #11
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Fitted here, if you look closely you can see the button under the throttle cam part;

I replaced a 'Motion Pro' twistgrip that was supplied with the FCR kit because it was tricky to run the bike whilst cold due to having no cold start or fast idle setting.

The 916 twistgrip has a 'switch' underneath that holds the throttle open just a small amount and you can get some degree of adjustment by altering the amount of slack in the cable, I set it to get around 2000rpm on fast idle which seems to work well enough but as soon as you close the throttle it will disengage.

Tip, if you set it high enough you can use it as a kind of 'cruise-control'.

It is seriously shorter in action than the Motion Pro but I can't directly compare to the OEM Monster throttle because I never had one.

The 916 throttle is only 1/4 turn on a 916 but was about 1/2 that on my Monster! - To counter this I bought the throttle tamer tube and that makes the action about the same as my 916 which in turn is fitted with a quick-action cam on the injector bodies - so both a tad under a 1/4 turn, although the Monster throttle is significantly heavier due to the stronger springs on the FCrs.

Certainly means I can get on the throttle quickly but before 'taming' it was difficult to hold a steady throttle at lower speeds, meaning the delivery could feel even less refined!

All that fades into insignificance when I ride the old LeMans which has a massively heavy throttle whilst at the same time requiring a second 'bite' to get full throttle due to having such a long throttle action - I'd like to get a quick throttle for it but I'd probably need both hands to twist it...

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote