View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #10
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Wow new month already - I still haven't found the time to properly diagnose the RR & Stator!

I've just SORNd the bike for the winter as finances have been too tight to do this properly with decent parts, so I'm going to take my time and use the winter to fix a few things.

First up I'll need to check the output of the stator to make sure that is OK - if it's a dud, then that's the first bit to replace.

One thing I have noticed on my stator wires when I strip them is that the exposed strands are sticky with some kind of glue-like residue. Possibly something from the inside of the sheathing? I'll give the ends a good clean with some petrol or similar before testing the output / crimping new connectors.

I'm also going to put in one of the MOSFET RRs supplied by roadstercycle.com, and get a proper crimping tool at the very least. I will try to find some gold connectors Gazza, I know you've mentioned RC hobby shops, so I will see what I can find around Glasgow (or online). I'll likely mount this in the stock location, as the higher-quality connectors in the kit should pose less of a problem with the weather.
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote