Thread: Misfire
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2022, 05:32 PM   #11
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Further Update : the rotor is (hopefully) secured back on the end of the crank.
I have a photo but struggle to post on here / not tech savvy old etc...
Have yet to speak further to my mate but he did explain what he was going to do before executing the repair. I haven't had the chance to speak to him today but I'm inclined to think he would have contacted me had there been any serious issues.
He's been running up the engine regularly to check for misfire etc so I'm sure he wold have mentioned further more serious damage to the crank-he certainly knows what he's doing-been working on jobs I can't do on my bikes for over 25 years so I totally trust his judgement.
The engine did sound like the proverbial bag of nails after I fitted the much quieter 620i cans but I put this down to the clutch and now of course the loose crank rotor. No rumblings or untoward vibration that might indicate to my inexperienced ear serious crank problems but you have me worried Dukedesmo!
I'm now awaiting the CDI pick ups from Electrex which I ordered yesterday but they are caught up in our delightful ongoing Royal Mail's industrial action. These are being fitted purely as a precautionary measure as the motor is stripped as the misfire could have been due to the loose crank rotor as part of the ignition came away with the loose rotor I understand!
Hopefully it will all be re-assembled next week ready for road testing weather permitting.
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote