View Single Post
Old 31-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
Bitza
Bronze Member

Bike: M900ie
Ok thanks for the comments, but I think you'll find that the 1000s have a different sprocket set up to the 900 era engines, certainly this one just has a single nut holding the sprocket in place. Sorry for the vagueness but I haven't actually taken the sprocket off yet, so am relying on views from the parts list, It basically goes securing nut, lock washer, sprocket, a spacer and then shims (0.7 - 1.1) before hitting the shoulder of the sleeve which in turn fits onto the shaft. So what I'm hoping is that I can take 5mm off the spacer, to get the sprocket moved inboard. But of course this relies on there being enough splines & thread etc. to make it a possibility. I know its possible because a few people have done similar engine swaps for classic racing prior to the 1000,s being outlawed.

Well apart from this, and the petrol tank not fitting over the the revised battery/air filter, the jobs going a breeze, well no actually all the final bits are proving a real struggle, but it looks almost complete?!&%^* Bitza.