View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #19
Flip

Bike: M900
Yep me too, I bought it during Lockdown in February on a bit of a whim after selling my little race bike (and shortly after my Thundercat too). I'd never ridden one but thought 'it's Italian- what could possibly be horrible? Then I looked at second hand prices and they seemed to be holding well so took a chance.

They wouldn't suit everyone as they are quite small meaning foot-rest to seat distance might be a problem if you're long in the legs but I've just done a tad over a thousand miles in four and a half days riding round Wales and it's been great.

Yes they're a bit quirky (but that's part of the appeal), could possibly do with a bit more power but then would probably need better suspension, another brake disc and some wider wheels/tyres to cope with it and I think would miss the point- it's so easy natured and laid back while still being a ride to think about, partly because of the above.

I would describe the handling as a bit 1980's with it's chassis (skinny wheels and twin shocks) and quite a long wheelbase that needs to be 'set up' for a corner rather than braking hard and accelerate out of it if that makes sense?

Ride it the way it was made to be and it's quite lovely in my opinion- build quality also appears to be very good considering the cost too.

There is a new 850cc version but I personally don't like the look as much.