View Single Post
Old 23-10-2015, 10:46 PM   #210
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
You know it is sometimes disadvantageous to follow the torque.
Many of those settings are quite light.
For those, I go with ring spanner hand-tight, quarter turn and check with torque wrench - usually right
It is so easy with poor threads/old bolts to overtighten with the torque wrench as it does not give you the feedback of the rigid and light spanner.
....just saying....
Do you know your right. I never usually do use one as I only had a real long one for wheel nut on a single sider.
I was reckoning on doing this one right as far as by the book BUT wasn't going to crank up using a long bar. My s4 conversion never had anything more than arm torque.

I went out and got a small torque wrench and was amazed on the price tbh and its a Draper with a certificate of calibration that's pretty good if honest and well within those tolerances.
I posted purely because I have wanted a list in one page not every chapter of the manual and as a guide and I always see peeps asking this and that torque and realise its really an early version.

There were some bolts I tightened by hand and just did a check. On the click or just under so I am happy.

I paid just £22 for this on ebay inc post and is approx. 12" long and handy size to use.

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote