View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #64
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Back in the garage again, below are pictures of the spray "booth"i that I spent the last couple of days bodging together. I bought some 1000 gauge polythene off flea bay (£30) and cut it into 4 curtains, ceiling to floor with 3" turn ups on either end made with an office stapler. At the top I put 8mm brass eyelets about every 4" (£7 with the hole punch crimping tool off fleabay) and at the bottom I weighted the turn up with old 10mm nuts so that it would hang vertically. The curtain rail was fabricated from galvanised steel tube 3/4" x 22swg which was originally a frame that held up netting over some raspberry plants. The first year after we moved in it snowed heavily and the frame collapsed so the tube was saved for a rainy day, now upon us. The attachment to the rafters of the garage as by blocks of 2" x 2" timber bored 3/4 " and cut through the middle of the bore hole to form a clamp which was completed by 6mm coach bolts and wing nuts. The drop from the rafters had to accommodate existing electrical conduit runs and conduit enclosing my air main which goes all around the garage. The curtain "rings" are zip ties. The design means the curtains can be stowed using tarpaulin bungee toggles. It takes about 20 minutes to erect it as the clamps have to be undone to allow the curtain zip ties to pass. The booth is 8ft x 10ft which should be big enough to get all around a M900 frame when I come to paint that.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote