Thread: Spotted: W4nker
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #39
Thumper

Mmmm no gloves, no leathers and NO HELMET!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnSYKXZkrO8

I freely admit to riding in jeans and not wearing gloves sometimes during the summer, slows me down a lot but that aint the point as I shall later reveal. I totally agree about wearing "full kit" makes you feel a bit more "invincible". The day I squeezed into my made to measure suit with back protector and everything else, I got 5 minutes away from the bike shop and somehow managed to lock the front wheel up going round a blind corner too fast and finding a traffic jam. Missed the cars by inches and have no idea how I stayed upright.

My ex came off his ZX6R at about 20mph wearing tracksuit trousers and a sweater, at A&E they indeed used what resembled a wire brush to get all the grit out of his deep cuts and gouges in both his arms, legs and stomach. He then had laser surgery to burn off all the excess damaged skin that had died. Was not pleasant at all and the stench of the open wounds when he came out of surgery was rank and made you want to be sick. All that from losing the front under braking at 20mph...20mph.

And finally, with regard to heads still in helmets and missing legs, thats how my friend Vince died. 150mph on a ZZR600 under an armco on the A27 in Brighton, and another friend Jon, 125mph on a Thunderace, the wind blew him into the armco again on the A27 in Brighton and ripped his foot off. I then bought his Thunderace off him but it was too much to ride it seeing the deep gouges down the fairing every morning.