View Single Post
Old 20-01-2021, 05:25 PM   #1306
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I have had a productive couple of weeks knocking some of the jobs off the list. Inevitably a few new ones emerged as I laboured on
The tank got new larger "Ducati" stickers which were lacquered in and subsequently polished. The finish on all the paintwork is good for a rattle can job but what I would call a "2 metre finish" - looks Ok from 2 metres but closer examination shows the flaws in the underlying CF and in the paint finish itself.
A new top mount for the flyscreen was fabricated based on 2 aluminium prongs projecting forward from the top of the instrument mount which fitted inside two 30mm deep cups fitted to the end of a rubber vibration mount. the cup and the prong were cross drilled to take a 3mm R clip. I am quite pleased with the outcome, the tank / seat and flyscreen can be removed in less than a minute with just the use of a 3mm allen key to undo the seat latch - no other tools required.
I finally got the monitor to talk to the camera. the monitor had 2 x coax leads and one power lead jack plugs coloured white and yellow and red respectively. the connection to the camera had similar leads. Stupidly I assumed that the yellow should go to the yellow and the white to the white, when I switched them the camera and monitor worked as if by magic. The rear view is actually pretty good via the monitor although we will obviously have to see how it copes with vibration and suspension movement.
Still struggling with the left hand switch and the loss of correlation between the switch position and which lights are illuminated. I seem to have gained working main beam but only for about 2 seconds then it switches itself off. I also have a new problem in that the sidelights stay on after I have switched off the ignition but extinguish if I turn it on and off again at the ignition. I shall give it one more day of messing with before I have to bite the bullet and buy one those expensive sequential pushbutton switches and rewire the left hand handlebar switch.
Aside from the LH switch only a few more jobs to do now, - bleed the rear brake, fit the petrol tap and connect the pipes to the vacuum pump, get the ignition system to deliver a spark (could be a number of issues here - coils wired the wrong way round, air gap for the magnets to the Hall effect sensors or incorrect/faulty wiring to the Ignitech unit).
Some piccies
tony colgan

Last edited by 350TSS; 20-01-2021 at 05:28 PM..
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote