View Single Post
Old 23-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
That sounds well flat, right from the start ... sorry, right from the "beginning".
I'm not surprised it didn't fire up.
Also, it looks like your battery tender is flashing as you press the start button .. ie its still connected.
I'm not a great electrician myself but I don't think its recommended to try starting with the tender still connected.

Also, bear in mind that you'll almost certainly need to crank it for quite a while to allow the fuel pump to fill the float bowls before it will fire up after such a long period of standing idle.
Somewhere between 30 secs and a minute, I would estimate.
The alternative would be filling them manually using a syringe.
Or ... I've never done it myself but it might be worth removing the plugs to allow it to crank the fuel pump more easily, before going for another start (if you're scratching for battery juice, that is).
I was thinking the same thing earlier, its gonna take a lot of cranking to get the juice flowing. I read that jump starting from a car is not advisable because of damaging the ignition boxes but is that with the car running? Surely a car battery on its own wont damage anything and may have more oomph to get the fuel primed?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote