View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 06:06 PM   #102
buzzer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Thank you for the link Buzzer, and for the excellent inspiration.
The kit you linked to will work very nicely indeed on my lovely old planer from an era before stepper motors and DROs.. The holy grail of repeatable settings. I could use 5 on my tenoner or could manage with 4. It will be the envy of chippies for many a country mile..

I had to grit my teeth a bit though.. Somebody is listing their kit as a digital Vernier!!
No problem! the other thing I have been using is thread and nuts from 3D printers... I thought about it for a long time and in the end bought a couple as the thread and nuts on my old milling machine were VERY worn... its 1930 so its done well! Its transformed it! hardly any play in the table now

As an aside from working on the Ducati.... I have been busy doing a job on my Harley V-Rod today...I changed the oil and filter and in doing that took the opportunity to check on the timing bolt in the engine that can come loose on some bikes, which wrecks the engine!* nice and easy job, just drain the oil and remove the alternator cover which comes off easily.* I checked the torque of the bolt before I removed it and it was tight...* However to be on the safe side I removed it and cleaned both the internal thread and the bolt, and used some high strength thread lock on there as advised by the factory...

buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote