View Single Post
Old 15-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #1285
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
The bike is now almost re-wired, it was not without its tribulations and I am sure there will be more to come.
I used 5 core cable to the tail light and 7 core cable around the headstock and if I say so myself aft of the headstock now looks quite tidy. The MU unit is now in front of the instruments and all the mess has simply migrated forward however there is more space there and the dash board should hide it all from view.

I do not have a neutral light nor a oil pressure light yet but the horn, brake lights, side lights, instrument lights all work as they should. The headlamp and dip and flasher seem a bit haphazard sometimes working and sometimes not. It maybe the latching of the switches within the MU as the LH switch is now definitely working as it should.
With some trepidation I took the LH switch apart expecting all manner of springs and tiny electrical bits to fall on the garage floor, but no, it came apart easily and is actually nicely engineered. I did find that the screw that provides the vertical pivot for the indicator button latch was slightly undone and could have been grounding on the handlebars.

I cannot yet test the full system as the LED headlamp is still with Fedex. They kindly advised me that they would charge me £53 + VAT if they discovered that the lading bill mistake was not their fault and they had to take the matter up with HM Customs. I emailed back that I thought that such a large charge could be construed as a penalty (being almost 100% of the value of the goods) and as such was not enforceable in English law. I also pointed out that withholding delivery of goods which were not their property pending payment of a penal sum could be considered as extortion which is a criminal offence. I still do not have the LED headlamp though so I cannot wire it or work out how it fits inside the headlamp shell or how it interfaces with the fly-screen.

I gave up in my original rear view camera and monitor as the coax cable was definitely kaput and I couldn't find a suitable alternative and I did not feel confident to repair it satisfactorily. I ordered a wireless one instead and await customs difficulties on that as well.

Today I shall be seeing what is wrong on the oil pressure and neutral circuits then clearing the garage to erect the paint booth. Unfortunately there is a very heavy ZX9R with two seized 6 pot Tokico calipers in the way.

Last edited by 350TSS; 15-07-2020 at 09:41 AM..
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote