Thread: New to Ducati
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2019, 11:24 AM   #9
Starla

Bike: M796
Hi & Thanks for all welcoming comments.

Google "man mistaken for scarecrow" and you'll see about the RTA. 4 months in NHS, plus in/out of Private after, 34 fractures, 10 Ops and counting.......

Previous Triumphs were 2 Thunderbird 900s and 1 Tiger 800. LOTS of off-road stuff of all makes -Husky 450 was my fave (see a bit of Italiana!!)

Thanks for info on Moto Rapido. I've been there - didn't know about the 10% - cheers - how do I prove UKMOC "membership" - take a copy of this post ???

My local dealer is Snells in Alton (nice people generally), who've done things on my previous Triumphs.

BUT, I want to get the M796 Dyno-Ed and they don't do that. They sent me off on a wild goose chase to Leatherhead to a tuners who don't do Monsters.

I'll call Moto Rapido. I've read all the posts on Cornerspeed, but my bike is tricky for a send away service. It has the Ducati Performance ECU and Termignonis. Low rev running is truly awful. As the pipes were SO LOUD, I put some genuine-Termignoni baffles in. Still sounds great, but now runs EVEN worse. I think I'd rather have it Dyno-Ed, and I'm not riding up to Cornerspeed !! But would love to hear the forum's ideas on that ......

Secondly, I read Luddite's "Spring has sprung" thread, and I'd like to change the progressive spring on my rear Sachs unit to a linear 105Nm Ohlins Spring, as he suggests (I'm same riding weight). Hopefully this will stop the bike pogo-ing, and hopefully Moto Rapido will source and do the change !!!

I'm off to ring them now........

Thanks Chris D, Luddite and All ...............

Starla
Starla is offline   Reply With Quote